Normally, you’re not supposed to pray for it. It’s not something preserved for some believers. Moses even said long ago that he wanted everyone to prophesy (Num 11:29).
God said it in the book of Joel:
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters SHALL PROPHESY, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
2. Everybody can interpret their tongues which is tantamount to prophecy.
The Bible says when a person interprets their tongues, it is just the same as prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:5). The first thing you need to know about the interpretation of tongues is that it is called INTERPRETATION OF TONGUES and not translation of tongues.
It’s all about HOW MUCH YOU ARE ENABLED TO RECEIVE PER TIME. The interpretation can be shorter or longer than the tongues you speak.
Once interpretation wants to come, you will know. You will feel it.
3. You can prophesy to yourself privately.
Every time you pray, God has a message for you. Always practice the habit of prophesying in your private prayer life.
4. You can record or write your prophecy.
You can record or write down your prophecy. You are praying in your room, and a message wants to come, you can hold it while you look for a book or pen or grab your phone to press record.
5. You can also prophesy publicly, but it must not go against the law of prophecy.
Public prophecy must not work against those laws. When people hear the prophecy, THEY MUST feel EDIFIED at the end of the day.
6. Liars are likely to lie in their prophecies too – Mathew 7:20.
If you’re prophesying, by all means, avoid lying. If you can’t hold lies, it may influence your prophecy.
7. Knowledge of the word and sound doctrine will give quality to your prophecy.
Your prophecy will get better when you are exposed to quality teaching. Evaluate every prophecy with the word of God.
8. Judge prophesies with the word – 1 Corinthians 14:29.
In all the churches, we have extra and extremes. We should endeavor to bring every practice under the balance of the word of God.
9. You will not go unconscious – Acts 2:12-16.
Normally, when you prophesy, you won’t go unconscious.
10. You will not forget your tongues or prophecy.
11. Flesh can come in if your motive is not pure, including wanting to impress – James 1:14.
12. Your spirit is subject to you – 1 Corinthians 14:32.
If you want to activate the gift of prophecy in you, find a quiet place, start with worship or a song that makes you tune into the spirit, stir yourself by speaking in tongues, and let it flow.
Plan for 30 minutes. If it doesn’t happen the first day, try again the 2nd and third day. You don’t need to fast, just a quiet environment where you can speak