On the issue of whether should christians confess and ask for forgiveness.
1. Christians have been forgiven their sins, much over 2000 years ago, right there on that cross.
2. Christians have also been healed over 2000 years ago on that same cross.
3. When you are sick today, you CONFESS YOUR HEALING. E.g.: I AM HEALED OF ACHES IN JESUS NAME. You are not supposed to be sick but symptoms appear at times.
4. When you sin today you ACKNOWLEDGE & CONFESS YOUR FORGIVENESS. E.g.: I RECEIVE FORGIVENESS OVER TELLING LIES TO MY ROOM-MATE IN JESUS NAME. You are not supposed to sin but you slip at times.
5. Your spirit (the original man) does not fall sick but his flesh and soul may come under symptoms but you don’t ignore it and say “The spirit is not the one that is sick”.
6. Your spirit is not sinful but the soul and flesh can fall into sin. You fall into it because you are not LIVING in it. Sinners don’t fall into sin, they live in sin.
7. Confession is not what makes God forgive you, HE HAD FORGIVEN YOU, It positions you to RECEIVE what you have been given. It starts by reassuring your conscience.
8. Acknowledging and Confessing means you are taking responsibility and repenting.
9. Confessing our sins as well as Confessing our healing does not add or remove from the work of the cross, it only positions you for RECEPTION.
1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;