I received an inspiration on how to overcome boredom while reading the Bible and to make the Bible something that you will be eager to read every day some years ago. I have a sketch of it in my article titled “BIBLE READING CATALYST,” and I later wrote a book on it titled “MY BIBLE, MY FRIEND.” The testimonies I’ve received personally from this article and book were just amazing. I give thanks to God for using this tool as a great instrument of revival in the body of Christ.The book is priced at #1,000/$5 but will be available for #500/$3 in the next 24 hours. Get your copy from the foundation publisher via http://wa.me/2349035972506.
However, I’ve seen a lot of people who just received the information, practiced it for a while, and dropped it. That made the Holy Spirit give me another inspiration on how people can go beyond knowing the style I taught but create Bible reading as a habit. And that is what I will be teaching you in this article.The Holy Spirit helped me discover that people love to listen to audio rather than read a book, and this is the first challenge many people are having with the Bible. When I discovered this truth, He then called my attention to the Audio Bible.
FACTS ABOUT AUDIO BIBLE
Let me highlight some facts about the Audio Bible for you:
1. Audio Bibles are recordings of the Bible, typically narrated by professional voice actors or speakers. They allow people to listen to the Scriptures being read aloud instead of reading them from a printed text.
2. The first audio Bibles were produced in the early 1950s, initially using vinyl records and later transitioning to cassette tapes and CDs. With advancements in technology, they are now widely available as digital downloads, streaming services, and smartphone applications.
3. Audio Bibles are available in various translations, allowing individuals to choose the version that best suits their preference or understanding. Popular translations include the King James Version (KJV), New International Version (NIV), English Standard Version (ESV), and many others.
4. The purpose of audio Bibles is to make the Bible accessible to people who may have difficulty reading or have visual impairments. They also cater to those who prefer auditory learning or simply enjoy listening to the Scriptures.
5. Audio Bibles often include additional features such as background music, sound effects, and dramatic performances to enhance the listening experience and bring the text to life.
6. Some audio Bibles provide accompanying study materials, commentary, or devotional content to help listeners understand and engage with the biblical text on a deeper level.
7.Audio Bibles are commonly used by individuals during personal devotions, as well as by churches and religious organizations for group study, worship services, and outreach programs.
8. The popularity of audio Bibles has increased with the rise of smartphones and digital platforms. Many apps and websites offer free or paid audio Bible versions, making them easily accessible to a wider audience.
9. Audio Bibles can be found in multiple languages, making them valuable resources for individuals who want to hear the Bible in their native tongue or study different translations for cross-cultural understanding.
10. The best I can recommend for you is Naijasermon Audio Bible. All you need is just your data, and you can download a whole book of the Bible with just a click. You can also download it in piecemeal. Visit the site with just a click: https://naijasermons.com.ng/audio-bible/.
HOW TO CULTIVATE A HABIT WITH AUDIO:
1. Decide to be serious about it.
2. Start using the acronym principle I stated in the BIBLE READING CATALYST: https://healingnexusblog.com/bible-reading-catalyst/.
3. Decide to start reading at least 2 chapters per day: 1 chapter in the morning and 1 at night before sleeping.
4. Have an accountable partner who can follow up on your decision and question you when you miss any day.
5. Set a 30-day habit tracker for yourself and mark it twice daily. Example:
30-DAY BIBLE READING HABIT TRACKER
5.❌❌……❌ means you missed the number of chapters you planned to read for that period (day or night).
✅ means you observed it.
1. While playing the audio, open your Bible and read along with the audio. Don’t play the audio and be doing something else (you can do that at another time, but for this habit-tracking moment, you MUST open your Bible with it. An example is attached here👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼
2. Open your heart as you read.
3. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you before you start the exercise.
4. Take out some time to meditate after listening and reading.
5. Ensure there are no distractions around you when you are embarking on this exercise.
May the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you.