Everyone knows someone who is very lavish in giving. He seems not to care that people are taking him for granted. And though many people have shown him shege, he still gives and gives.
There’s this other person that gives but has principles. You don’t get his money if you’re not deserving it. For instance, if you have two hands and two legs and you’re begging for money, he won’t give you a dime. He is nice but he has principles.
If you are in the second category, I urge you not to allow your principles to block your blessing. Have you realized that the first person who seems stupid never went broke all these years? There is no money ritual like lavish generosity. They never go broke! Giving to the poor is not because of them but because you have a command and a responsibility to bless
If you’re in the first category, you should learn some things:
1. Do things for yourself too and do it now. You’re not good at savings, so do things. Buy or build a house NOW. Buy a car(s). Buy good clothes. Take care of yourself too.
2. Plan for the future of your children especially their education. You’re the first Angel God is sending to them. Open a savings or an investment account in their names and put something there. You will not always work the way you are working now. God will take care of them but you’re the first person he is sending to them.
3. If you realize someone is taking advantage of your generosity, maybe God has substituted their name with another person. You may want to look elsewhere or only give to them when you like and not when they ask.
4. Learn to settle people, especially family members if you’re capable and let them know that you have terminated your appointment with them with that settlement.
5. You cannot help everybody and you cannot help everytime. Stop the guilt-givings.
We must all step up in our generosity this year. It is God’s way of enlarging us.